Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Letters from the beginning !!!!

When i first arrived in Bulgaria I wrote a series of insightful (ha ha) letters to my friends in the UK. I have decided to re-issue them here starting today. I hope to continue writing these this year ....so please enjoy xx

Part 1 :

Just as a pretext I have written all of this once and the computer froze, with my limited Bulgarian ( which extends to hello, goodbye and more vodka and ice please) the lady in the cafe turned off the computer wiping the whole lot ha ha ha (as you can imagine I am in a great mood now) .

Hello Folks,

Here we are finally in Bulgaria. We have travelled 2006 miles, stayed in many lorry parks and one campsite. If you asked me what Europe is like, my answer would be “I haven’t got a clue but it has a lot of tarmac”. Sightseeing obviously wasn’t on the menu on this trip. But it has been therapeutic. Travelling 2006 miles at an average speed of 55 miles an hour has a profound effect on your sanity. Thankfully I had my music and have come up with a few soundtracks for countries:

The Doors - Greatest Hits: This was great music for Romania; the communists don’t appear to have told them they have the freedom of speech and seem to be very down trodden. Come on Baby light my Fire as I pass 10 old women sat on a wall discussing local politics seemed very fitting.

Tenacious D : This was a German favourite, these people had their laughter boxes removed at birth and all I could think is that they would just sit there stone faced throughout the album and complain how many times Jack Black say "F&^k"

Ying Yang Twins: Austria with its tranquil scenery and lovely mountain ranges were shaken to such classic lines as “Shake your fat ass" and “Damn I broke my pimp" Say no more

And Bulgaria itself, it’s a very interesting country full of contrasts and opportunities. The house is a building site and the caravan park will be one soon, but hey I am white trailer trash so I live in the caravan with my vodka, diet coke and fags so I am happy as a sand boy.

Will be going to my first Disco on Friday with some friendly locals. So will let you know how that goes. The people are great they all want to help. The local police chief has helped us with our registration forms, and also with a tumble dryer salesman.

Costs are brilliant here: 200 Fags, 1.5 Litres of Vodka and 4 litres of Diet Coke: 14.00 pounds. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Anyway, must cut this short as I must go and have some food. Dinner for 3 (3 courses) 10.00.


No comments:

Post a Comment